Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fight On

Yesterday, was a great day. It started being great on Thursday. On Thursday I received a call from John Kooker (the man of the house of the awesome family that I was blessed to live with between my junior and my senior year). "Kooker," as he is affectionately called by my dad, said that he had tickets to the USC Stanford game that he wanted to give to my wife Cory and I. We jumped at the chance and were super excited. Cory had never been to a college game before and I had never been to a game at SC.
After fighting some crazy downtown LA driving conditions we found a parking spot and made our way to the campus.




Cory and I didn't exaclty have a plethora of Cardinal and Gold in our wardrobe, so we tried to match as good as we could.





The Campus is QUITE the happening place before a game. We walked down University Avenue and felt like we were swimming in a sea of Cardinal and Gold. I was also struck at how the architecture at SC stuck out a little bit more than North Campus at TMC.




After hiking up some stairs, we finally got up to see the field. It is an amazing thing to enter the Coliseum and to behold the field in all of its glory. Some might say "this is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen." I don't, Cory is pretty beautiful.



I was pretty stoked when we found our seats.

You gotta love the intensity of college athletics.
The SC marching band played the halftime show and did a good job of making fun of Stanford. However, I don't think they are laughing now.







This was on one of SC's touchdown drives.
Cory and I had a blast during the game. However, USC was upset by Stanford. Stanford scored with under a minute to play and the entire Coliseum was silent. John David Booty threw four interceptions, one of them ending any chance for a last minute comeback. The fans used his last name to the fullest.

Although we thoroughly enjoyed going, we were sad for the Kookers and for my folks. USC's national championship hopes may be shot for the rest of the year. We'll see if LSU can get upset.

Just a word to the Kookers.

THANK YOU!





1 comment:

Beth said...

SHUT UP! I was at the game too! My little cousin plays on the Stanford team so I have to admit I was rooting for them. It was a pretty exciting game...crazy that we were there at the same time and didn't even know it.