Monday, August 20, 2007

Right on!!!!

So, lately things have been awesome! I originally wanted to write this post last Wednesday night. Wednesday nights are times that have been so awesome for Cory and I since we have been married. Wednesday nights are college group. This Wednesday was no exception. All summer long we have been spending our Wednesday nights in the palatial backyard of the Worthingtons. We play volleyball (which I love to play-especially when the net is not as high as a guys net. Highly enjoyable. I don't know if I laugh harder very often then when we are playing volleyball.
This Wednesday was the return to the table of teaching of my good friend Scott Burns. There are many things that I love about getting to hear Scott speak. One of them is that he loves God's word and doesn't mess around with it. The other is that I have never heard Scott get up and give a "sermon." And by that I mean that when he speaks to us he speaks to us. This Wednesday was no exception. Scott cares about us as a group and individuals but he cares even more about the gospel. It always amazes me how the gospel is so simple but yet I can get it confused in my head sometimes.
This Wednesday was a great time for me to check myselft to make sure that I don't make the cross of Christ to no effect in my daily life. It is often easy to get caught up in basing my acceptance before the Lord based on how I am doing that day and whether I am performing well. However, my acceptance is solely based on the cross of Christ and the righteousness that He purchased for me there!
It was so freeing and refreshing!!!
This past Wednesday was great and this weekend has just been an awesome time. We got some great news on Saturday that we will be posting about tonight! Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

What is the news?! You cannot leave us hanging like that!

Ben Blakey said...

Serious lee...not cool, dawg.